Keewaytinook Internet High School (KiHS) is looking for a Technology and Learning Management System Lead. This person will be responsible for maintaining the school’s online learning environment (Moodle LMS) and supporting our teachers as they develop and deliver online courses. In addition, this person will support the hardware and software needs of our multi-site school. This role will involve IT support for staff at a distance (hardware, networking, software), as well as occasional travel to our remote sites.
The position is full-time and based in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
- experience with Linux servers;
- experience with networking;
- vast knowledge and experience with technology, such as software programs/applications and hardware;
- willingness to travel.
- experience in an educational setting;
- experience managing a learning management system, preferably Moodle;
1. Administer and maintain the Moodle LMS environment;
2. Supervise the security and performance of the Moodle LMS environment;
3. Collaborate with teachers and administrators to support their use of Moodle LMS and integration of other related applications (e.g., Intelliboard, MyBlueprint, Adobe CS, G-Suite for Education, external multimedia, MathType);
4. Collaborate with teachers to support the integration and development of plugins and customizations for the Moodle LMS;
5. Managing small office networks in remote classrooms;
6. Maintain the servers;
7. Advise on purchases of IT hardware and software, as well as maintain/repair, and keep inventory of technology;
8. Travel to communities to support teachers;
9. Other duties as assigned.
Salary is based on qualifications and experience. We also offer a generous benefits package.
Please email your resume, and a short note as to why you would be a good fit for the job to Angela Batsford-Mermans.