Keewaytinook Internet High School (KiHS) is seeking a community classroom teacher in Keewaywin First Nation, for full-time employment starting August 23, 2021.
Keewaytinook Internet High School (KiHS) is a multi-site blended learning high school which allows students to remain in their home community while taking a rich variety of ministry inspected courses toward their Ontario Secondary School Diploma. KiHS has been in operation for over 20 years and has classrooms in 15 First Nations communities.
KiHS offers communities
- The ability for Indigenous students to stay-at-home while pursuing their secondary education
- Access to over 80 courses in grades 9-12 in all streams (locally developed, academic, applied, college prep, university prep, and workplace)
KiHS offers teachers
- The opportunity to teach in a blended learning environment - face-to-face mentoring with online asynchronous instruction
- Opportunities to participate in land-based and cultural activities with your students
- The chance to join a growing, dedicated team of educators committed to supporting Indigenous students in the north
- Full-time employment with competitive salaries, benefits, pension (OTPP), professional development opportunities (e.g., funding for AQ courses), and the option of NTIP certification
The successful candidate will be the classroom teacher in Keewaywin, mentoring local students in their online courses in all subject areas.
Applicants must be members of, or be eligible for membership in, the Ontario College of Teachers, intermediate and/or senior divisions. Teachers are expected to have diverse technological skills and a general aptitude with software in the context of learning. Intermediate and/or senior qualifications are required.
To learn more about this opportunity, visit the following link: